Sunday, July 3, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out

Last year, just before I went off to Israel, my sister, Ella, my neighbour, Kate, and I decided we wanted to have a tea party. We've done it before, but this was definitely, undoubtably, untouchably, the best. Using the general theme of 'mini', we slaved away all day to make mini cupcakes, mini jam tarts, mini millionaire shortbreads, mini quiches, mini cucumber sandwiches, mini chocolate tartlets, and even mini gazpacho soup in champagne glasses. Then, of course, we had tea, and devoured all of it.
I have to admit, I was not the mastermind of this plan. If anything, I was just doing as I was told, and going along with Ella and Kate's brilliant ideas (except for the millionaire shortbreads - those were all me!)
I was more hot on the presentation side of things, and completely managed to master the cucumber swirls. If it looks good, it always tastes better, and just looking at it all again makes me hungry!
A very proud Ella presents her cakes


X

No comments:

Post a Comment