Thursday, August 18, 2011

Carnaby

I went to London (again) for my friend, Natalia's, birthday party. It was Midsummer Night's themed and they had decorated the walls floor to ceiling with black sheets covered in silver and gold spray painted leaves, and butterflies. It looked absolutely stunning.
One of the most amazing parts of the party, apart from seeing lots of friends of course, was the food. There was sushi, paella, and the most incredible range of desserts. To start, there was a giant Colin the Caterpillar (the cake of my childhood). Then there was a mountain of homemade cookies. And to top it off, Natalia sister made cake pops. They are an adorable mix of cake and lollipop, and can look like just about anything you might fancy! Look them up.
Before I went, I took advantage of some spare time to go to Carnaby Street and have a ganders, as I haven't been for a while.
I bumped into this lovely girl on Regent Street outside H&M, and just had to ask her for a picture. She said she wasn't wearing any make up and so didn't look nice, but, my god! I wish I looked this gorgeous with no make up on.
I love her outfit - the tones of the top and trousers together, with that pop of blue from the bag, and the black emphasis from the sandals and necklace. Perfect. I am crazy about her necklace, I wish I'd asked her where she got it.
This girl was so sweet, and so happy when I asked to take her picture! I have a soft spot for straw hats and high waisted trousers. It's simple, and I would have put some jewellery with it, but she does look cute.
I saw so many types of print yesterday, and this is just one of many pictures showing a contrasting selection of prints.
I've been feeling like I've been overloading you with pictures recently, so in this post, I'm restricting it to six.
Much Love
X

No comments:

Post a Comment